Wednesday 1st April 2020


Maths - Use these roman numerals to help you solve the problems.

















































English

Recap on the story of Tuesday by clicking on this link.  Tuesday by David Wiesner

Using the image below, what would the frogs be saying to one another?


Using the rules of inverted commas (speech marks) that we have looked at in class, can you correctly punctuate my report below? Try to show: speech marks, capital letters, punctuation inside the speech marks, commas, synonyms and phrases for the word ‘said’.
Harltown Report

The townspeople of Harltown are still struggling to make sense of the extraordinary events of Tuesday evening, when, it would seem, they were witness to a rare and troubling phenomenon.

I spoke with the man at the centre of the events, Mr. Cunningham, whose late-night snack time was neither peaceful nor normal. 

I asked him to tell me what he had seen.

"Well, like I told the others, I was just sitting at my kitchen table, about to eat my sandwich, when I noticed that the light in the kitchen had changed colour," he explained. "It took on a kind of greenish tone. I was pretty surprised, I have to tell you. And of course, like anyone would, I glanced out of the window and that's when I saw them" 

He went, on growing louder as he spoke, "Hundreds of things! All green and hunched up and floating past, like it was the most natural thing in the world!" 

I carefully asked exactly what he thought these green 'things' were.

"Frogs! Hundreds of frogs. Floating frogs, I tell you. Flying by on lily-pads. Frogs on lily-pads! Right up against my window. One even waved at me!" he reported, growing agitated. 


He then repeatedly muttered to himself, "A flight of floating frogs. A flight of floating frogs..."



Computing - Online game that puts digital literacy into hands-on practice.
Play to become an internet Legend!
Interland is an adventure-packed online game that makes learning about internet safety interactive and fun. Here, you will help their fellow Internauts combat badly-behaved hackers, phishers, oversharers and bullies by practising the skills that they need to be confident online explorers.


Click on the links below to play the games!








Popular posts from this blog

Easter holiday project

Tuesday 24th March 2020