Monday 20th April


Hi Rowan class, I hope that you have all had a safe and relaxing holiday.  I've done a lot of organising, cooking and enjoyed my daily walks looking at all the flowers and wildlife. 

I look forward to you sending me any activities that you have enjoyed doing over the holidays.  

Maths



English


Read the poem: I am a writer. Read it in your head first and then try reading it out loud. What rhythms and patterns can you hear when you read it aloud?

Choose your favourite three images from the poem. Why do you like these images in particular?

I am a writer by Joseph Coelho 

I am the clash and collide of the stars 
because I create worlds. 

I am the awareness of the trees
because I hear the wind. 

I am the sweat of a rainbow 
because I refract all the colours. 

I am the blood in a pen
because I ink arteries. 

I am the blade in a sharpener
because I make nibs vanish. 

I am the edge of a rubber, rounded, 
worn and softened by mistakes. 

I am the conversation of notes, 
discussing melodies. 

I am the holes in a flute, 
knower of unknown tunes. 

I am the skin of a drum. 
Every hit, beat and bang 
bouncing off me, 
forming music from nothing. 

How would you answer these reflection questions? 

How to perform a poem successfully....
Clink on this link Tips to perform poetry and listen to Joseph Coelho (the author of the poem I am a writer) explain what makes a successful poetry performance.  
Can you use his tips to help you perform the poem in different ways?  I'd love to see recordings of you doing this!


Popular posts from this blog

Easter holiday project

Wednesday 1st April 2020

Tuesday 24th March 2020